Penrith Panthers is looking for the next Junior Reporter to participate in the club’s internship program.
If you’re a media student who is looking to start a career in sports journalism, this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable industry experience and build your portfolio.
Panthers is seeking university students (third-year preferable) with excellent writing skills and a keen interest in rugby league to report on the NSWRL junior representative and pathways competitions.
- Writing match reports and features for the Tarsha Gale, SG Ball and Harold Matthews competitions
- Producing content for the Panthers website and club social media channels
- Assisting with media operations on gamedays
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen interest in rugby league and sport journalism
- Availability on weekends throughout the NSWRL junior representative season
- Industry exposure with the back-to-back NRL premiers
- Opportunity to integrate with university study requirements
- Networking opportunity with potential future employers
- Club attire
- Monetary honorarium to cover travel expenses
- Opportunity to progress internship to Jersey Flegg, NSW Cup and NRL competitions
Applications close Wednesday, 18 January. Please email your expression of interest with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com