You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Panthers run riot against the Sea Eagles

The NSW Cup Panthers have put on a show at Carrington Park, continuing their undefeated start to the season with a dominant 52-6 win over the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

Fresh from filling in at NRL level for Apisai Koroisau, Mitch Kenny made an immediate impact to set up the opening try.

Kenny took the ball out of dummy-half, giving little away as he summed up the situation on the last and put in a tough grubber that was fumbled by the Sea Eagles with Lindsay Smith following through to score.

The addition of Kenny had seen Brendan Hands shifted in the halves and he too orchestrated an early try, kicking through for Izack Tago who beat a couple of Sea Eagles defenders to the ball.

Kurt Falls slotted both conversions to make it a 12-0 lead.

The Panthers were in a mood, not settling for the early dominance and instead forcing an error from Blacktown Workers on the set after points with a determined kick chase.

Once more it was Hands the creator, throwing a cutout pass to put Robert Jennings over out wide.

It was the offload from Scott Sorensen though that created the overlap having attracted the interest of four defenders.

Kenny also played a role in the try, quickly firing the ball to Hands after spotting space on the left edge.

Falls could not convert the try, leaving the score at 16-0.

The Panthers were dazzling early with the ball in hand but they were just as impressive in defence, holding up a surging Zac Saddler in the first real examination close to the line.

The resilience on the line was rewarded soon after as Penrith scored their fourth of the afternoon.

A strong run from Smith drew a penalty and the Panthers quickly capitalised as Sunia Turuva skilfully put a foot to a wayward Hands pass, with Taylan May scooping the ball up to score out wide.

Falls could not convert this one either with the difference 20 points after 30 minutes.

Penrith continued to hold firm in defence before Sorensen ran a strong line back against the grain to score and the Panthers were not done yet.

A quick spread in the dying seconds of the half saw Jennings steam down the left sideline and set up Tago for his second as the siren sounded.

Both tries were converted by Falls.

HALF-TIME: Panthers 32 - Sea Eagles 0

It was Jennings again providing the spark after play resumed, racing away after a deceptive pass from Hands opened up space out wide.

He then kicked back inside for Brent Naden to score within three minutes with the try converted. 

Fancy footwork from Turuva then set up May out wide as Penrith pushed their advantage out to 42.

The Sea Eagles eventually broke through for their first of the afternoon when Brad Keighran sent Jordin Leiu through a hole.

Penrith later hit back through Naden who backed himself to beat three defenders to the line with that try converted. 

The Panthers made sure to give the Bathurst locals one final highlight with John Faiumu providing the offload to put Falls through and the halfback linked with Turuva on the outside.

Naden was given the kicking tee but hit the posts.

FULL-TIME: Panthers 52 - Sea Eagles 6

Acknowledgement of Country

Penrith Panthers players and staff respect and honour the traditional custodians of the land and pay our respects to their elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.