(SIS50612) AS ISSUED BY TAFE NSW – SYDNEY INSTITUTE (90003)
Study and Train at the Penrith Panthers High Performance Training Facilities and still play with your Club.
The Penrith Panthers organisation in collaboration with FC 11, have designed the Diploma of Sport Development (SIS50612) for Rugby League in consultation with sporting industry experts and TAFE NSW – Sydney Institute (90003) to meet the demands of modern day football and its associated career opportunities.
The program merges sports science, coaching methodology, high performance training, professional and academic development, business theory, and mentoring by professional athletes and coaches.
The Diploma is a full time 35-week program and is intended for students that have completed their school studies and are looking to pursue a career in football on and especially off the field, or in order to gain entry into a related degree level course.
Upon completion of the program all successful graduates will be awarded qualifications, including:
Diploma of Sport Development (SIS50612) as issued by TAFE NSW – Sydney Institute (90003)
- Sports Medicine Australia – Sports Trainer Level 1
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association – Strength & Conditioning Level 1 &
- Selected (as nominated by each student athlete) and sanctioned Rugby League Coaching Levels.
Based at Penrith Panther’s Stadium, the next intake for the Diploma, which runs annually, will commence in March 2015.
The Diploma seeks to give student athletes:
- Access to elite training facilities and coaching staff
- An opportunity to study a stimulating and unique sports industry based curriculum
- Access to further academic pathways and progression upon completion
- Personal, career and professional development mentoring and advice
- A seminar-based professional development program
- Access to personalised recovery, strength and conditioning systems and contact with the latest performance evaluation methods and technologies
- High performance football related technical, tactical and mental training sessions and match programme performance analysis.
- Comprehensive athlete fitness profiling, programming and field and laboratory physical assessments
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Click here to complete your expression of interest and receive more information on the course (the form is at the bottom of the page)